Help with Rigging.

Posted By: draculaFactory

Help with Rigging. - 05/14/08 17:19

Can someone rig a character in 3dsmax 9 for me? Just rigging, no animation. I am the worst when it comes to rigging. Will pay via paypal, will credit in the project. If I pay for you to rig, I need it to be good. PM me if interested.
Posted By: NITRO_2008

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 01:42

there must be premade rigs for download all over the internet, is your model a humanoid?

this one is probably better than anyone around here can build you--and its free.

Do you know how to bind a skeleton?

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 03:43

No actually, I didn't think of that. I should have explained further, my problem is more with applying the physique and adjusting the envelopes and stuff, it's pissing me off. Yes, it's humanoid as well. I was using the character studio biped system in 3ds max. I *have* rigged a model in the past and done a very good job it just takes me like a week. Animating isn't a problem, I can animate well :D, I also use bip file, etc...
Posted By: Ilidrake

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 05:27

Since you've done it before I would suggest doing it again. It takes a while to rig any character. Although I can probably have it rigged in animation Master in about 2 hours. PM me and we will discuss me doing it for you.

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 15:03

Sorry I wanted it done in max.
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 16:25

Rigging??? That's an unfamiliar term to me. What is it?
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 16:59

Originally Posted By: JazzDude

Attaching the vertices to the bones!

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/15/08 17:13

Rigging is a process that takes you 2 weeks to complete and in the end you end up with animation that looks bad and you feel worse about yourself.
Posted By: JazzDude

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/19/08 17:32

Okay, thanks. I never use bones, too time consuming. For me, using MED, I found it works good on mechanical anims but not on organic/animal models. I'm sure there are hundreds who would disagree. grin
Posted By: Ilidrake

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/20/08 01:14

Rigging isnt that difficult, it just depends on what software your used to and if you have a good skeleton to work with. I can import the model into animation master, rig it, and then export it to MED with the bones where u can animate it.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/21/08 17:57

Originally Posted By: draculaFactory
No actually, I didn't think of that. I should have explained further, my problem is more with applying the physique and adjusting the envelopes and stuff, it's pissing me off. Yes, it's humanoid as well. I was using the character studio biped system in 3ds max. I *have* rigged a model in the past and done a very good job it just takes me like a week. Animating isn't a problem, I can animate well :D, I also use bip file, etc...

Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Re: Help with Rigging. - 05/23/08 22:40

Originally Posted By: draculaFactory

Rigging is a process that takes you 2 weeks to complete and in the end you end up with animation that looks bad and you feel worse about yourself.

NAILED IT! I am in my own personal rigging hell at the moment.
© 2024 lite-C Forums