Free furniture Pack

Posted By: rincewind

Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 14:22

Hey everybody:

Here comes my next contribution: A furniture model pack, I made for a historical reconstruction of a merchant's mansion in Leipzig, Germany, from 1901, for a historical association in Leipzig. These models were all made by me so you can use them freely for any purpose.

You can download it here (4 MB): Furniture Pack

Cheers and have a nice sunday
Rince
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 15:04

Thanks for the effort rincewind !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 15:07

Good ol'e Frazzle :-))

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for your comment.
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 15:17

Quote:

Good ol'e Frazzle :-))

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for your comment.

Have I been gone for a long time ??
j/k, I know I'm not good at making good jokes
Nice to hear from you too again

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 18:14

What's that? Can't believe it! Looks marvelous!
Posted By: qwertzui

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 18:37

Eng: is this credit ware or free?

Ger: ist dass credit zeugs oder ebend ohne credit,s und einfach nur "Gute models"?...

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 18:50

Thanks Pappenheimer and qwertzui

these are not all of the models.. I still have to built some mor furniture, which will be provided with rest of the material (doors, window frames, door frames, etc.) in a second furniture pack lateron

it is actually free to use for any purpose. Credits are not required.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 19:22

But, what's with the photographs that you use for it? Are they free, too?
Posted By: Marwan

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 19:28

thanks I always needed those

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 20:43

Thanks Marwan, for your kind words.

@Pappenheimer: Yes, the photos for the textures are free, as a friend from Leipzig took them with his camera.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 20:48

very good skins
greets to your friend and thank you both for the package

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 20:56

Thank you Tempelbauer, i really appreciate your comments.

The photos for the textures where taken from a furniture collection of the "Bürgerverein Waldstrassenviertel", of which my friend is one of the chairmen. This project will be part of a permanent exhibition in the "Villa Lustig" (named after the builder - a German merchant from Leipzig), which serves to raise money to maintain the old buildings of this quarter and for the benefit of the old and underprivileged citizens living there.

Currently, we have only planned to build the ground floor interior, the garden and the near environment, as the upper floor of the villa is occupied and we can take no photos there. However, the city of Leipzig provided us with the original plans, so we might be able to build the upper floor's structures and add furniture that are typical for 1901.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 21:29

Fantastic pack rincewind, awesome detail and great composition shots, thanks

Re: Free furniture Pack - 09/23/07 21:49

Thank you Nemesis,

however, it's no big deal..I had some good photos and the models are mostly made from primitives (apart from the piano and some chairs' backrests) and that's basically all there is to it.
Posted By: Kasey_Dee

Re: Free furniture Pack - 07/25/08 03:43

This is terrific! I have always wanted to include a castle manor in my game and have been gathering castle books and trying to find good interior photos. Some games have castles but not the elegant ones you see in castle books in Europe. This will be a wonderful start to my elegant castle.

These models are great and are exactly what I had in mind. I would not mind purchasing more of these from you if you want to do more of them. I would like to make my castle palace a nice one.

I do not live near any castles and it is impossible for me to find textures and good references. I would love to take a camera and go through one and then recreate it.

Re: Free furniture Pack - 07/25/08 07:44

Thanks Casey.. you're very kind.
Yes, I know... finding medieval textures is kind of hard. We do have a lot of castles around here, but I haven't got the time to take photos. However, entering "Castle Wall" or castle in the google picture search has helped me a lot.

If you are looking for medieval textures, this link might be helpful:
http://www.davegh.com/blade/davegh.htm
Posted By: Quad

Re: Free furniture Pack - 07/25/08 09:37

cool, didnt saw this before. Nice contribution.
Posted By: Kasey_Dee

Re: Free furniture Pack - 07/25/08 11:24

Those textures can not be used commercially. You can google reference photos which is what I have been doing but you can not use them commercially. Maybe this would be a good one for the jobs section. If anyone likes to take pictures and lives near a castle they can do a photoshoot for me and I will pay them for the pictures.

Your models are a good start and I do plan to use them in my game.
Posted By: chaotic_dragon

Re: Free furniture Pack - 10/08/08 00:06

You cant seem to surprise me rincewind laugh all your work is outstanding.
Thankyou for the contribution.
Posted By: Muhsin

Re: Free furniture Pack - 11/13/08 19:15

very nice!!!
do you want credits or something???
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Free furniture Pack - 11/16/08 11:20

awesome... i mean AWESOME!
Posted By: aztec

Re: Free furniture Pack - 11/16/08 13:54

hey the models look awesome,
reminds me of some model in the good old games I´m able to play on my coumputer wink
Posted By: Revo

Re: Free furniture Pack - 11/16/08 14:06

very n1 contribution smile

..rincewind, - auch aus Leipzig? smile
(muss ich mri die modelle doch glatt mal in echt anguggen laugh )

Re: Free furniture Pack - 11/17/08 09:43

Hey there,

sorry for not having answered earlier... I haven't been in the forum for quite while. I am glad you like the furniture. Thank you for your kind words. I will post a new model pack and first screenshots of my new game project (together with prenceofdarkness) in the week before Christmas.

@Revo: NO, I am not from Leipzig, I live in Düsseldorf. These models are part of a project for the Waldstrassenviertel community. The whole project will be part of a municipal exhibition in Leipzig next year.

See you soon
Rincewind
© 2024 lite-C Forums