[FREE] Promised Sewer textures

Posted By: Helghast

[FREE] Promised Sewer textures - 08/05/07 17:12

Hiya all,

as promised in this thread. I uploaded my textures used in that level (the sewer level).

Hope you guys have fun, and let me know whenever you used them ^_^
credits are welcome but not nescesary.

here's a sample image of what's in the file:

all files are .TGA and are either 512 x 512 or 1024 x 1024 pixels in size, some also contain an alpha map.

without further ado:
Textures!

have fun!
regards,
Posted By: aztec

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/05/07 17:41

Hey thx these are very ncie
Posted By: Blink

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/05/07 18:08

thanks, they look awesome!
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/05/07 18:32

Thanks!
Posted By: KuleskoStudios

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/05/07 18:34

thank you,
I don't think that I will use them in my projects, because I have something against using other people's work. But now I got the idea of how really good textures have to look like;). So now I have something to work up to^^.

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 08:05

wow, all most 80 views and only 4 reply's ???
Posted By: D3D

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 08:29

Have not seen this contribution before, but know the thread about the "dark" sewer. Anyways thanks i've added to my megatexture bin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 08:40

Phew, those look awesome. Great contribution!
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 08:57

Quote:

Phew, those look awesome. Great contribution!

Confirmed, like I always say

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 10:04

Wow, thanks a bunch! These are going to come in handy, for my little demo...
Posted By: Don Pedro

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 15:08

Very nice pack - thanks a lot DF!
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 20:22

Awesome! Thanks Man...

question though, why does it have the preview watermark on the preview if it's free? Is it some type of thumbnail protection, or just informational

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 20:56

Quote:

Awesome! Thanks Man...

question though, why does it have the preview watermark on the preview if it's free? Is it some type of thumbnail protection, or just informational

I hadda make it look like i did SOMETHING, lol!
no, just for pure fun, and before people started thinking it would be that size XD (like in my showcase thread, where people started to ask if it were map entity's... *sigh*).

regards,
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: [FREE] Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 21:29

very special thanx!
Posted By: DeKO_Mania

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/06/07 23:48

How exactly do you go about making your textures? Do you just use a Photoshop/GIMP-style program, or do you use a drawing pad or other type of specialized hardware? I ask because I am working on my first project, and I would really like to make it using 100% my own work, including textures. Your work is really good, and any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated (I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know!)

Regards,
DeKO_Mania
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/07/07 06:08

In his other thread, he stated that he took his camera around his house and took pictures of real items. He then of course edited them with Photoshop (though GIMP would work as well)...

Saying such, you might want to clean up your house a bit if it looks like a sewer

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/07/07 15:41

Quote:

In his other thread, he stated that he took his camera around his house and took pictures of real items. He then of course edited them with Photoshop (though GIMP would work as well)...

Saying such, you might want to clean up your house a bit if it looks like a sewer

LOL!

yeah, that's exactly how i did it, using overlay effects and lotsa green/brown coloured gradients (also make use of the eraser to create highlights at cvertain points). just use a base texture, which is totally seamless and clean, you can then make it as gross as you want. for example, here's how my level looks with the clean textures i made at the first stage:

regards,
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/15/07 20:09

thanks a lot, those will definately get handy ;D
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/15/07 20:43

its really easy to do this with textures, I can upload a tutorial at some point that makes anything that doesnt have an obvious pattern seamless, and show a site to get base textures from. thats how i get textures for every thing I do such as these ones:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/765369/an/0/page/1#Post765369

would anybody be interested in a tutorial like this?
Posted By: Thracian

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/16/07 10:36

Yes, iŽd be

Re: Promised Sewer textures - 08/21/07 22:18

btw!
the pack is for download over at gamebeep now as well.
thanks for that mate!

http://www.gamebeep.com/products/view/id/44

regards,
© 2024 lite-C Forums