How to apply shaders to Level Geometry??

Posted By: TheFLood

How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/14/07 13:36

Can any one give me an example of how to apply a simeple .FX file to Level geometry. I can do it to entities but I can not seem to get a shader to work on the walls and floors.
Posted By: Rhuarc

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/14/07 16:20

I can give you an example of moving your mouse up and clicking the search button at the top of the page....
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/14/07 16:23

Quote:

I can give you an example of moving your mouse up and clicking the search button at the top of the page....

lmao - so true...

TheFlood: The problem with this is that it is too damn slow. Shaders on models runs slow enough as is, but on level geometry is a joke, "unless you like single digit framerates."
Posted By: Roel

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/16/07 13:54

you can assign a shader to a texture by defining a material like this:
//the name of the texture in the level is block_a.tga
material block_a
{
effect = "yourshader.fx";
}

easy, it is in the manual
Posted By: Aaron

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/17/07 00:48

what is really a shader is it like making shadows or like on the wall the darkness?? or something.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/17/07 04:15

a shader takes every vertex/pixel on a model and runs a little piece of code for it.

The code can do just about anything to it. Mainly changing the color. Look it up on wikipedia or somethin.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: How to apply shaders to Level Geometry?? - 02/17/07 05:41

well sorta, vertex you can move the position and for the pixel, you can move it stretch it, choose the color, mix the color, all sorts of things.
© 2024 lite-C Forums