[UPDATED] Company Tech Demo

Posted By: not_me

[UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/24/07 22:11

here is the updated version of my company's tech demo called Walk About.
Walk Walk About About.
Enjoy.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/25/07 00:08

well
z sorting errors everywhere, low res texture house and with a little luck you can even go through the portal where you begin and jump into endless emptyness.

Check out the wiki for an alpha ref render pipeline effect to remove sorting errors, improve the house.
Posted By: Mantis1967

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/25/07 05:21

it sucked....
Posted By: padrino

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/25/07 07:19

Quote:

it sucked....

be nice... i couldn't take a look at it yet. i guess i will do that at home
Posted By: frazzle

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/25/07 10:35

@ Mantis1967

Quote:

Quote:

it sucked....

be nice... i couldn't take a look at it yet. i guess i will do that at home

I think Padrino has got a point, it's better to give constructive comment to give him he change of building up and updating his demo. Just one negative comment won't do much, it only depresses !!

@ not_me

Well it's indeed an update but as mk said, there're still z sorting trouble, especailly with the grass. The house ins't passable anymore but one of the trees is The code you've implented form mercurys is only intented for the leaves of a tree and to the entire tree
For the rest, keep on updating this and you'll be fine. Don't start a new level like a cave or sort like, just be patient and keep on reworking your level, models, script and texture quality to get the best out of your demo !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/25/07 23:41

wow that was extremely rude. not only was it a destructive comment it doesnt say much about yourself either. if you made a demo and wanted to know what you could do better with it(and it was your first demo) you wouldnt want me to come in and say "you suck..." or "it sucked...". so dont do it to me or anyone else..its rude. and it will probably come back to you. be nice @mantis1967.
Posted By: Mantis1967

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/26/07 07:53

Look, I apologize….
I came across this when I was in a bad mood. I am sorry for the harsh and rude comment.

Mantis1967

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/27/07 11:32

its okay ... i,and hopefully everyone else, forgive you.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/27/07 13:28

the camera turning is not framerate independent.
fix that.
Posted By: Don Pedro

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/27/07 18:29

A word of advice - two things actually:

1) If you really don't have a company (a legal entity) don't say so, makes you look very unprofessional.

2) When saying tech demo, what's the technology you are presenting here? Mostly you are using templates and forum contributions. Even the sound(s) are from templates. This makes you look unprofessional.

Clearly state what is your creation and keep in mind what/who is going to be the audience for this demo - and remember - the devil is in the details.

Re: [UPDATED] Company Tech Demo - 06/27/07 23:43

1) yes i do have a company(legal entity)
2) i called it a "tech demo" because i couldnt think of the proper name to give it. im sure "demo" in itself would have done just fine. i believe i only used 2 forum contributions. the sounds havent been touched yet, but they will be dealt with. i did clearly state the cration. a "visual demo" HAH! thats what ill call it a visual demo ...anyway. its a demo my main goal is to show graphics and hopefully give people a taste of what i'm capable of(not going so good so far...needs alot of work)there is no specific audience for this simple "visual demo" just everyone in general. when i start a major project then i will worry about audiences. and i hate the devil! i wish i could point you to my website but according to my host there are several issues with the domain...but that is of my concern.
i know you were only giving advice but sometimes advice should be kept to yourself or atleast slipped under the table on little pieces of paper.
© 2024 lite-C Forums