[7.80 PB] Compile with WED -w name.wmp

Posted By: MCKiller

[7.80 PB] Compile with WED -w name.wmp - 08/11/09 10:05

Hi,

if I want to compile a MAP with the new function:

WED -w name.wmp

the "compile map Dialog" appears.

But I thought I can compile a map without any dialogs. The idea behind this is to automate the build process.
Or do I have to use the additional options for WED like with wwmp2wmb.exe?

I don't know if this is a bug or the manual for the new function is not quite clearly.

MCK
Posted By: jcl

Re: [7.80 PB] Compile with WED -w name.wmp - 08/11/09 10:22

I guess the manual was not clear. The dialog belongs to the map compiler, not to WED. AFAIK there is no option yet to suppress this dialog. But I admit that it would make much sense in this case, and we'll implement that.

Until then, you can use the new sys_message function of the engine for writing a small script that automatically starts the build process and clicks the Ok button.
Posted By: MCKiller

Re: [7.80 PB] Compile with WED -w name.wmp - 08/11/09 10:29

Hi jcl,

thanks for the quick answer and for the decision to implement that feature in the future.
In the meanwhile we will use the workaround :-)
Posted By: pegamode

Re: [7.80 PB] Compile with WED -w name.wmp - 03/30/10 13:53

Originally Posted By: jcl
I guess the manual was not clear. The dialog belongs to the map compiler, not to WED. AFAIK there is no option yet to suppress this dialog. But I admit that it would make much sense in this case, and we'll implement that.

Until then, you can use the new sys_message function of the engine for writing a small script that automatically starts the build process and clicks the Ok button.

Is this planned to be done in near future?
It would help to do automatic builds a lot easier.

Regards,
Pegamode.
© 2024 lite-C Forums