Engine Preview causes Model Clipping, editing in MED does not?

Posted By: MegaMarioDeluxe

Engine Preview causes Model Clipping, editing in MED does not? - 04/15/09 06:32

Hey all,

I'm working on a model from a console game that I'm using in one of my games, and I'm having trouble with clipping. In Med, this is the model:

This has about 1511 Vertices (Polys?). In the engine preview, it causes this (clipping?):

Is this clipping or is it a sign that I need a better video card?

My Video is onboard Intel GMA945, I believe, on my Lenovo laptop (1.6Ghz Dual Core Centrino). I'm using A7 v7.73 trial version.

Any help would be useful.

Posted By: delinkx

Re: Engine Preview causes Model Clipping, editing in MED does not? - 04/15/09 06:50

tat clipping looks like ur normal is reversed for that triangle.

if that part u need to look at both sides, then u can make a duplicate of that part and reverse the normal for one of the set so that u can see from both sides.

Note: In WED or max it will appear proper but its actually not.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Engine Preview causes Model Clipping, editing in MED does not? - 04/15/09 09:30

if delinkx's suggestion doesn't fix it, check yout skins, and make sure they are 24 bit.
Posted By: MegaMarioDeluxe

Re: Engine Preview causes Model Clipping, editing in MED does not? - 04/15/09 11:33

Quadraxas, you're a life saver. It works a treat, and I have no more issues with "see through" dresses on this character. I tried flipping normals, but it screws the animations up...

Thanks a million!
© 2024 lite-C Forums