A8 version 8.03 public beta

Posted By: jcl

A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/17/10 15:08

A new A8 version is available.

This is a small update that contains fixes to the reported bugs of version 8.02, new features that were requested on the future forum, and a new script library that hopefully answers questions like "how do I make my entity turn towards a target" once and for all. You can find a list of the new features here:

http://manual.3dgamestudio.net/newfeatures8.htm

For updating, please install this version in your Gamestudio/A8 folder. Test everything carefully and if you find a bug, please report it to the bug forum.
Posted By: Rich

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/18/10 06:57

Thanks for the update laugh. I can't seem to locate the entmove.c file? I reinstalled a few times with no luck, and ran a search of my hard disk, still not turning up. I was looking forward to checking it out. Thanks.
Posted By: bk9iq

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/18/10 07:26

Originally Posted By: Rich
Thanks for the update laugh. I can't seem to locate the entmove.c file? I reinstalled a few times with no luck, and ran a search of my hard disk, still not turning up. I was looking forward to checking it out. Thanks.

+1
Posted By: jcl

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/18/10 07:59

Sorry. Here it is: http://server.conitec.net/down/entmove.c

It was missing in the first upload, but is included now.
Posted By: Rav Singh

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/19/10 10:17

entmove.c file is very useful, any chance of those commands in the file having collision detection?
Posted By: Espér

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/19/10 10:21

great..

any News about features like "clothing" ?
Posted By: Spirit

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/19/10 10:29

I think for collision detection in entmove.c, one needs to copy the functions and replace the x y z changes with c_move.
Posted By: Rav Singh

Re: A8 version 8.03 public beta - 09/19/10 13:17

Originally Posted By: Spirit
I think for collision detection in entmove.c, one needs to copy the functions and replace the x y z changes with c_move.

I think will be a good idea to have them implemented in the library as well (I am lazy), one set of commands without collision and another set with collision detection. Or maybe some sort of flag we can set in the existing functions to enable or disable collision detection. This library will be very useful for those not good with vector math ... hopefully it may be extended with other useful functions people want.
© 2024 lite-C Forums