Someone Help Me Please!

Posted By: Anonymous

Someone Help Me Please! - 04/24/02 22:38

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know a way to make an in-game bitmap set itself as the same bitmap that's being used as the windows desktop? Any DLL's or scripts or anything that can do this? Please help, I'm desperate. [Confused]

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/27/02 07:11

Try this..

Go to your desktop. make sure no programs are cluttering the screen.
Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
Now, open up a paint program and select *paste*. You should now have a Bmp picture of your desktop.
As for making the engine create a panel with an end-user's desktop image, I have not a clue [Embarrassed] !

Glome

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/30/02 00:00

Well, I know how to print screen, I just want GameStudio to be able to print it for me. Is there a way to detect the path needed for the Windows wallpaper file? If I could just do that, it would be perfect.
Posted By: cbw

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/30/02 00:06

That's kinda tricky since each version of Windows stores it in a different place. But you should be able to make the game grab a screen, save it to BMP, then have the game change the registry entry for the default bitmap to the folder where the game is stored for the BMP file. I think that's how to do it, but how to implement it is beyond me.
Posted By: tesanders

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/30/02 02:43

The path to the currently selected wallpaper is stored as a registry key:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper"

You'll either need to crawl into the SDK and create a DLL to retrieve this or use a pre-made DLL function for same.

=thomas

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/30/02 17:12

I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone
was working on an ingame registry DLL. It might be worth posting your question on the Higher Language forum.

Re: Someone Help Me Please! - 04/30/02 23:41

alright guys, thanks. I'll try it out. [Big Grin]
© 2024 lite-C Forums