Disc Swapping

Posted By: cbw

Disc Swapping - 01/31/02 01:16

Does 3d GAMeSTUDIO support disc swapping? And how do I implement it? Any code, tutorial, etc. is appreciated.

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 01:32

Um...I reiterate. Can someone help me?
Please
Posted By: Doug

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 04:34

Not sure what you mean by "disk swapping". Do you have a game that is over 650MB? Normally you want to run from the harddisk.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 05:36

I would imagine it would. Basically you would have to save your stats and other variables to the harddrive, and then write a script or dll so that at a certain point in the game the user would be prompted to change disc(this would have to be a two way deal espically if the user at some point and time will be going back to a point on the first disc)you would probably have to also write a disc check to verify that the correct disc was being used at the correct time.

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 05:46

That's what I'm trying to find out. How do I do the disc check? I appreciate the help, but can someone throw me some code or DLLs or something along that line.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 05:51

if i were you id forget the idea of a load-from-CD game because that is way too slow on most people's computers. i agree with Doug; better to install to HD. plus that way you can compress the game on the installation disc and once its installed it can be over a gig.

Re: Disc Swapping - 02/05/02 06:34

I'm not talking load from CD. I'm talking install the game, but run like FMV from the CD so I take up less of the persons HD, I just wont be able to fit them all on one disc. I will have a install routine for my projects, but the movies are becoming huge. If only there was MPEG support.
© 2024 lite-C Forums